Sugar-free Whole wheat Chocolate Cake
Every time I see an advertisement on the TV or anywhere, where there is a gorgeous cake with yummy buttercream frosting or whipped cream frosting, I immediately feel like picking that cake up and having the whole cake. I so wish we could just eat whatever we want and not have any ill effects on our health. Sigh! But that’s not the case. We have to be careful of what we eat. But what if you have those midnight sweet cravings!? Well, you can satisfy those cravings with this refined flour free, sugar free, guilt free cake!
This cake has the goodness of wheat flour, jaggery, walnuts and assorted nuts which you can consume without any guilt. Let’s check what we need to make it.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour 1 cup = 200 grams
- ½ cup jaggery
- ½ cup oil
- tsp cardamom powder
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 cup almonds, walnuts and cashews roughly chopped
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Sieve the wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and cardamom powder in a pan and keep it aside.
- To one cup of milk, add the jaggery powder and whisk it until all the jaggery powder is completely dissolved.
- Add in the oil and salt to the jaggery mixture and whisk until completely combined.
- Add 2 tablespoons of flour, baking soda and baking powder mixture and whisk until the mixture is well combined.
- Keep adding the flour mixture, a tablespoon of the remaining half cup of milk and mixing until a batter is formed. The consistency should neither be too watery or hard.
- Add in all the chopped nuts to the batter and gently mix with a spatula.
- Grease the cake pan with refined oil/ butter/ ghee.
- Bake the cake in a 7 inch pan for 30 minues or completely done at 180C.
- And the cake is ready to be served!
- You can use tutti frutti or candied berries instead of nuts
- Chocolate chips can also be added to enhance the taste.
- After 30 minutes of baking, insert a toothpick or a knife and see if it comes clean. If not bake a bit more until the toothpick comes clean.
- Let the cake cool down completely, only then remove it from the baking tray.