Agasi Hasi Chutney / Flax Seeds Chutney
I learnt this recipe from my husband’s grandmother who is a very great home Chef. I have learnt quite a lot of recipes from her. She cooks with great ease. When I cooked with her, she shared some interesting stories about how she learnt the recipe. It was such a warm feeling to hear stories from her childhood and early marriage days. She makes friends very easily through food and her wisdom. She has a very jovial nature and a pleasing happy face.
In our generation, we try to include millets, cereals,pulses, etc and try to make our food as healthy as possible by searching the nutritional value of the food that we eat on google. But people of their generation does it so effortlessly. When she cooks there are atleast two chutneys, two palyas, saaru/sambar, rice, curd/buttermilk,chapathi and ghee. And none of the palyas or sambars or chutneys repeat at least for a week. She makes such a wholesome, healthy, nutritious and delicious meals on a daily basis with great ease and always has a smile on her face.
This Flax seeds Chutney is one of her signature recipes that we all love at our place. It’s easy to make and tastes delicious too. Flax seeds are loaded with Omega-3 fats, nutrients, fibre and protein. We try to include flax seeds in our diet as much as possible. Follow the instructions below to make the recipe.
Agasi Hasi Chutney
- 1 cup flaxseeds
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- ½ cup yoghurt
- 4 green chillies
- ¼ bunch coriander leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp water
- salt as per taste
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- a pinch Asafoetida /hing
- few curry leaves
- In a blender, add in flax seeds, onions, green chillies, coriander, garlic cloves, salt and water and blend it into a smooth paste
- Take it out into a mixing bowl. Add yogurt and mix.
- Prepare the tempering by heating oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, hing, curry leaves and wait till it splutters. Turn the flame off and pour it onto the flax seeds mixture.
- Healthy,nutritious and delicious chutney is ready to be served.
- While blending the flax seeds mixture, add water if it is difficult to blend with 2 tbsps water since flax seeds get sticky and may require water.
- Adjust the spice level according to your taste.
- Adjust the consistency while blending the mixture with yogurt if you like it a bit sour.
- You can also add lemon juice while blending the mixture.